Ph.D., Purdue University, 2010; international trade
- Ph.D., Economics, Purdue University, 2010
- M.A., Economics, Clemson University, 2005
- B.A., Economics, Babeṣ-Bolyai University, Romania, 2003
- International Trade
- Industrial Organization
- Applied Econometrics
- Economics of Globalization (EC 410)
- International Trade (EC 481)
- Graduate International Trade (EC 607)
- “Estimating the Gains from Liberalizing Services Trade: The Case of Air Passenger Transport” (w/ David Hummels and Brian Roberson), 2014, working paper.
- “Transfer Pricing by Multinational Firms: Evidence from Changes in Firm Ownership” (with Daniel X. Nguyen), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, forthcoming.
- “Airports and Urban Growth: Evidence from a Quasi-Natural Policy Experiment” (with Bruce Blonigen), Journal of Urban Economics, forthcoming. (NBER working paper 18278).
- “The Effect of Communication Costs on Trade in Headquarter Services”, Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), forthcoming.
- “Trade and the Greenhouse Gas Emissions from International Freight Transport” (with D. Hummels, L. Puzzello, M. Avetisyan), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 65(1) (January 2013), 153-173. (NBER working paper 17117)
- “Buyer-Seller Relationships in International Trade: Evidence from U.S. State Exports and Business- Class Travel", Journal of International Economics 84(2) (July 2011), 207-220.