How to Apply
The Fall 2021 application opens November 1 and is due May 1, 2021.
Candidates for admission to the Master’s degree program must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university, and should have a quantitative background that includes courses in economics, calculus, and statistics. We will use a combination of relevant completed coursework and scores on the GRE quantitative sections to assess students’ quantitative abilities. Strong grades in economics and mathematics courses, as well as academic potential, will be important to the admissions committee.
Required application materials:
- UO online Graduate Application. Application fees apply
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you received a bachelor’s or any subsequent degrees, sent to the Office of the Registrar, 5257 University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403 USA. Official electronic transcripts may be sent to email@example.com. In cases where documents are not issued in English, applicants must submit certified word-for-word English translations of all documents. More information.
- Two academic letters of recommendation. Enter recommenders’ emails in online application.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores sent from the testing center. UO institution code: 4846; Economics Department code: 1801
- Evidence of meeting English language requirement (international students): International students must submit test scores from the TOEFL or IELTS (TOEFL code: 4846, IELTS code: 84), or transcripts demonstrating receipt of a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from an institution in the following countries: Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom. More information.
The final deadline for applications is May 15 for fall term admission, however decisions will be made on a rolling basis and applicants may receive their admissions decision anytime after January 1.
Postal Address (for mailing of official transcripts)
Office of the Registrar
5257 University of Oregon
Eugene, Oregon 97403
Questions? Contact the Graduate Coordinator.
Due to the large volume of requests during the application season, please review the Frequently Asked Questions section before contacting the Graduate Coordinator by phone or email.
The University of Oregon is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This publication will be made available in accessible formats upon request.