How to Apply
Fall 2020 application deadline: May 1, 2020
Candidates for admission to the Master’s degree program must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university, and should have a quantitative background that includes courses in economics, calculus, and statistics. We will use a combination of relevant completed coursework and scores on the GRE quantitative sections to assess students’ quantitative abilities. Strong grades in economics and mathematics courses, as well as academic potential, will be important to the admissions committee.
Required application materials:
- UO online Graduate Application. Application fees apply
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you received a bachelor’s or any subsequent degrees, sent to UO Office of Admissions, 1217 University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403-1217 USA. Official electronic transcripts may be sent to email@example.com. More information.
- Two academic letters of recommendation. Enter recommenders’ emails in online application.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores sent from the testing center. UO institution code: 4846; Economics Department code: 1801
- Evidence of meeting English language requirement (international students): International students must submit test scores from the TOEFL or IELTS (TOEFL code: 4846, IELTS code: 84), or transcripts demonstrating receipt of a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from an institution in the following countries: Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom. More information.
Applications are due on May 1 each year for fall term admission.
Postal Address (for mailing of official transcripts)
UO Office of Admissions
1217 University of Oregon
Eugene, Oregon 97403-1217
Questions? Contact the Graduate Coordinator.
Due to the large volume of requests during the application season, please review the Frequently Asked Questions section before contacting the Graduate Coordinator by phone or email.
The University of Oregon is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This publication will be made available in accessible formats upon request.